8 Essential SEO Blog Posts that Should be Required Reading
In this post, I wanted to highlight some excellent SEO tools for business that should be in all of our collective content marketing toolkits. Search Engine Optimization is one of those topics that just keeps evolving, for the better. It continues to be very complex, fluid and dynamic in nature.
The following is a compilation of my favorite recent blog posts, blogs to follow and my favorite infographic about SEO. I am actually thinking of making them required reading for anyone joining my team.
Part 1: My Favorite Blog Posts
- Christopher Radcliff of Search Engine Watch shares some great tips for optimizing images for SEO. I think this is one SEO opportunity that many content creators don’t rank as a high priority when actually it does play a very important role. This also holds true for optimizing infographics.
- Chris Luttjohann of Digital Current hits the nail on the head…everything SEO starts with a well thought comprehensive strategy. I really like the way he lays out his 5 strategic pillars: Strategy, Conversion, Content, Optimization, and Authority and Trust.
- Brian Dean of Backlinko opened my eyes to some techniques I hadn’t thought of before. I implemented many of these techniques and was surprised how well they worked in quickly generating more web traffic. Very good stuff!
- One of the things I really admire about Neil Patel is his generosity. This multi-chapter advanced guide goes very deep and is an absolute pleasure to read. There is a reason Neil is considered one of the top thought leaders in the industry.
- Adam Audette via Slideshare offers up an insightful deep dive into SEO for e-commerce websites. He outlines both the challenges and opportunities of SEO strategy for e-commerce. It’s become one of my go-to guides.
- Backlinko’s Brian Dean has outdone himself with this guide. It’s 104 pages of golden nuggets of actionable advice about how to approach the process of keyword research. I found the section on competitive analysis particularly useful.
- Daniel Faggella has a wonderful way of both demystifying SEO and distilling it down to the essentials for success. In this fascinating 2 part blog, he walks us through these essential truths.
Part 2: My Favorite SEO Blogs to Follow
In addition, I also recommend these influential SEO blogs to follow. They always have a finger on the pulse of what’s happening and equally important, what’s coming next…
Neil Patel – publishes daily
HubSpot Blog – publishes 3-5 per day
The Moz Blog – publishes 4-6 per month
Search Engine Land – publishes 3-4 per day
Backlinko – publishes 2 per month
ClickZ – publishes 10+ per month
Part 3: A Great SEO Trends Infographic
And finally, one of my favorite SEO infographics by CJG Digital Marketing that sums up where we are heading with all things SEO…
I think it’s very easy to get “blogged” down with the amount of sheer content out there (yes, pun intended). Some I read daily, some weekly, some monthly depending on the amount of time I have. My personal goal is to always be ahead of the trends so that I can better coach my clients.
What SEO resources do you find essential? Please share with us!